For many tasks, neoprene gloves are an essential piece of personal protective equipment (PPE). These gloves provide us with the protection and dexterity we need to complete our tasks efficiently.
If you are still unsure about what neoprene glove is, or if you should purchase a pair to help you with your current tasks, then read the details below!
Neoprene Gloves Definition
We need to start by defining neoprene glove gloves. These gloves are made from polychloroprene, a synthetic rubber.
Neoprene gloves are among the elastomers. They can be stretched out without causing damage to their form. This pair of gloves are among the most popular synthetic rubber gloves such as silicone gloves and polybutadiene gloves.
Polymerization involves multiple chemical reactions to create a neoprene glove. This critical manufacturing process results in a pair that is extremely flexible and protects.
What do Neoprene Gloves Do to Protect Against?
- Chemical resistance: Workers dealing with acids and caustics can use neoprene to protect their hands. These gloves are also resistant to oils, fats, and petroleum products.
- Abrasion and Cut-resistant: Neoprene gloves are great for protecting your hands from cuts and punctures when working with sharp edges or hard tools. This feature can also be used for long periods, even with heavy work.
- High temperature and weather resistance: This product is relatively resistant to high temperatures. Even though this isn’t a very impressive feature, it means that gloves can be worn without worrying about getting damaged by sun rays or bad weather.
- Impact-resistant: Neoprene Gloves are extremely strong and dense. They can also protect us against mild impacts.
The Advantages of Neoprene Gloves
This neoprene glove can protect our skin from multiple hazards, as we have already stated. They offer more than just protection. They also help us better manage work with useful features like:
- Flexible: Neoprene Gloves are very popular with workers due to their amazing pliability. These gloves allow for finger sensitivity and movement freedom. These gloves are sure to benefit those who need dexterity for intricate tasks.
- Form-fitting: Neoprene gloves can be a great fit, as they hug our hands and leave no space between the fabric and our fingers. After being stretched, they can return to their original form so deformation is not an issue.
- Durable It is well-known that neoprene gloves have high density and good textile strength. This means we can trust them for heavy-duty tasks. It is resistant to oxidation and aging, so it can be used for a long time.
- Waterproof When handling excessive moisture or water sports, you can trust a waterproof neoprene glove.
- WarmMany workers use neoprene gloves in winter to keep their hands warm. This pair will give them the freedom to use their hands without restriction.
What’s the Difference between Neoprene and Nitrile Gloves
Both nitrile gloves and neoprene gloves have the same attributes as a rubber pair. They are both resistant to water, chemicals, and abrasion. They have different properties and uses.
- Neoprene gloves protect us from some acids and caustics, but nitrile examination gloves can resist oils and solvents as well as petroleum-based agents and gas.
- Nitrile gloves are water-resistant and can also protect your hands from water-based corrosion. Neoprene gloves are waterproof and weatherproof. Wearing a neoprene glove can protect us from UV radiation, freons, and other harsh weather conditions.
- The flexibility of nitrile gloves is also greater than that of neoprene gloves. The latter is more flexible and resilient, which allows for better dexterity. Some workers choose to use disposable gloves made of thin neoprene gloves to fully enjoy this characteristic.
Widely-Used Neoprene Gloves
NeopSkin water gloves: This pair of neoprene hands are made for water sports. The glove’s anti-slip palms make it safe for divers, surfers, and skiers. The glove’s thermal and elastic fabric can keep hands warm in outdoor winter sports.
Neo Sport Premium Neoprene Gloves: The high-quality model has a comfortable fit and flexible grip. It allows for easy movement while protecting our hands from punctures and low temperatures.
We answer the question, “What is Neoprene Gloves?” and also provide detailed information about different types of gloves. This guide will help you find the best neoprene gloves to support your work and protect your safety.